a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Be a holder of a Master?s Degree of Egerton University
- Be a holder of a Master?s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
- Be a candidate enrolled for a Master?s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor?s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master?s programme.
b) Fulfill specific requirements as maybe stipulated by respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
a) Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Graduate Studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly
b) Where a candidate is to pursue the programme by Research/thesis only, the candidate will be required to present a Research Proposal together with the
application for registration.
c) Where the candidate is to pursue the programme by Coursework, Examination and thesis, the candidate shall be required to submit a brief summary of the
intended area of study together with the Application Forms. A full Research Proposal shall be submitted within three (3) months or registration.
d) All applications for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall
then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned for approval and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate Studies.
e) Before recommending a candidate for registration, the Department and Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned shall ensure that:
- The proposed field of study is academically sound and can successfully beÂ pursued and supervised.
- There exist adequate facilities and resources for effective research
- The appropriate fees have been paid.
- Ph.D. in Animal Science
- Ph.D. in Crop Science
- Ph.D in Food Science
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
- Ph.D. in Horticulture
- Ph.D. In Aminal Health
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension
- Ph.D. in Science Education
- Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction
- Ph.D. in Educational Management
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology
- Ph.D. in Education
- Ph.D . Community Studies And Extension